Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)
REITs, sometimes referred to as Real Estate stocks, have been around since the 1960’s and can be publicly traded or non-traded. REIT companies allow for any investor to own shares in large-scale, often very recognizable, commercial properties. The REIT manages income producing properties, collects lease payments and so forth, and distributes most of the profits as dividends.
Non-traded REITs are relatively illiquid investments but can be less exposed to market volatility than publicly traded REITs. Either can be held in a self-directed IRA. Let GoldStar help you with the process. Contact us today for more information.
- IRA Simplifier (account application)
- IRA funding options:
- IRA Transfer/Direct Rollover Request OR
- IRA Rollover Certification (if you already have the rollover check in hand) AND/OR
- Contribution check (please indicate contribution year in the memo section of your check)
- Identification - Enter your driver’s license information on the Simplifier. If you do not have a valid state-issued driver’s license, provide a legible photocopy of a valid government-issued photo ID, passport or notarized document.
- Most recent account statement (only if transferring funds from an existing IRA custodian or qualified plan)
- Non-Traded REIT Subscription Agreement Form (obtained from your investment representative)
- $65 check for IRA Maintenance Fee (if a check is not received with the Simplifier we will automatically deduct $65 from IRA funds)
- $25 Check for overnight delivery - GoldStar’s policy is to mail all transfer and/or rollover paperwork to the current custodian by first class mail. If you would like your transfer and/or rollover request to be expedited, we will prepare an overnight delivery of the paperwork on your behalf. To take advantage of this service, please submit a separate check of $25, made payable to GoldStar Trust Company, and attach to the transfer or rollover request. Please write “Overnight Fee” in the memo section of your check.
Fee Payment Options
- Mail check or money order payable to GoldStar Trust Company
- Call or e-mail Investor Services to request fees be taken from cash in the account (must be sufficient cash available)
- Credit card: Call Investor Services to pay with a credit or debit card
As your IRA custodian, GoldStar is concerned only with making investments of your choosing, protecting your assets while they are in the IRA, and performing all the duties of an IRA custodian. We do not offer or sell any investments, nor are we affiliated with any dealer. We do not give tax or legal advice and we do not benefit financially from your investment choices.
FDIC NOTICE: IRA and/or Bond investments represented on this website are not FDIC-insured, are not guaranteed by GoldStar Trust Company, and involve risk including possible loss of principal. If held in a GoldStar IRA or GAMMA account, the un-invested cash portion is FDIC insured up to $250,000.